What this is all about...

I was born on February 6, 1970. That means on February 6, 2010 I turned 40! I borrowed a great idea from a friend of mine who had recently turned 50. She committed to learning 50 new things and/or having 50 new experiences in her 50th year. I thought that was such a cool idea that I have plagiarized her idea. I'm hoping to have 40 new experiences in the next year. That means I need your help! If you have some skill/talent/hobby that you could share with me, please do!!! I can't do this alone. This blog will keep you all posted on my 40 "adventures." I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

#2 Blogging - Is this double-dipping?

Well, you all might think I'm cheating on this one, but I'm counting this blog as my 2nd new experience. I've never blogged before. I still have lots to figure out about this whole process. But, I have a full year to master it all, right? My biggest concern with the blog is TIME. I simply never have enough of it. I had wanted to launch this blog on my birthday weekend, and I'm already a week behind. Those of you who are my Facebook friends are well aware of how infrequently I get to sit in front of a computer for social purposes. My Facebook name should really be "I Suck at Facebook." So, hopefully I will do a better job with this blog. In fact, I might get real fancy and try to update my Facebook status to let you all know when I have posted a new blog entry----whoa, slow down Nellie, you're getting ahead of yourself.

Looking on the bright side, I'm one week into my year and I have 5% of my new experiences accomplished AND blogged already, so maybe this is doable after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment