What this is all about...

I was born on February 6, 1970. That means on February 6, 2010 I turned 40! I borrowed a great idea from a friend of mine who had recently turned 50. She committed to learning 50 new things and/or having 50 new experiences in her 50th year. I thought that was such a cool idea that I have plagiarized her idea. I'm hoping to have 40 new experiences in the next year. That means I need your help! If you have some skill/talent/hobby that you could share with me, please do!!! I can't do this alone. This blog will keep you all posted on my 40 "adventures." I hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

#11 - My Fair Lady

OK, lots of you are going to call this one lame, and that's fine. But, this whole "40 new adventures" thing is mine, so I can make the rules, and I say this counts!

I finally watched My Fair Lady. This falls into that "I've always wanted to...." category.  It's a classic, and it seems to be referenced a fair amount. Lots of people talk about how Pretty Woman was a modern day spin off of My Fair Lady. Well, since this year is the 20th anniversary of Pretty Woman (yes, it really is, believe it or not!), this seemed like a good time to watch it.

So, I rented the video and actually made the time this weekend for it.  I really enjoyed it. I liked it better than Breakfast at Tiffany's (another classic I always wanted to see and actually did a couple years ago).  A lot of the humor in it was rather timeless.  It did fall a little on the long side, but overall it was a pleasant evening. I'm glad I can finally cross that one off my to-do list of my life!

There's not much more to say about this one--aside from stating the obvious--Audrey Hepburn was beautiful.  It was a simple new adventure, but one I'm glad I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment